Veronica Colvin is a versatile freelance hair, make-up and FX/prosthetics artist for film, TV, theatre, TVCs and commercial industries – who also dabbles in drawing/sketching, painting and sculpting.
A Sydney based published artist, professionally trained and qualified freelance hairdresser/hairstylist, barber, wig stylist and make-up artist (beauty, special effects, prosthetics and body art).
A flexible artist who has experience working in films, TV, TVCs, theatre and music videos, as well as corporate, commercial, photography, fashion and special events.
Her skills, professionalism, creativity and ability to think on the spot and quickly solve challenges, ensure that she is a sought after artist.
Veronica regularly undertakes further studies to build-on existing skills and learn new ones. She is currently undertaking and advanced special effects and prosthetics course (Dick Smith’s Advanced Professional Make-Up Course) and doing Life Drawing, Painting and Sculpture classes at Julian Ahston Art School at The Rocks.
She also has a Working With Children certification valid till 2020.
Please contact Veronica if you would like a copy of her CV or to book her services.
A Variety of Notable Credits
- The Bench (TV Series – 2016/2017). Producer: The HubStudio – Hair, Make-UP and SPFX Designer
- SOOP (Short Film – 2016). Producer: Pupkin Entertainment – Hair and Make-Up Designer
- Zelos (Feature Film – 2016). Producer: Painted Gate Pictures – Hair and Make-Up Artist
- Indigo Lake (Feature Film – 2016). Producer: Cobbstar Productions – Additional Hair and Make-Up Artist
- Pet Month (TV Commercial – 2016). Discover Networks Asia Pacific. Producer: Thinkbone – Hair and Make-Up Artist
- Mother’s Day ‘Snap’ (TV Commercial – 2016). Best & Less. Producer: Get George Films – Assistant Hair and Make-Up Artist
- Rhymes with Silence (Theatre – 2015). Producer: Improvising Change – Special Effects Artist
- Foal (Multiple Award Winning Short Film – 2014). Producer: Lyn Norfor/Ciara Hehir – Hair, Make-Up and SPFX Artist
- Pull (Multiple Award Winning Short Film – 2014). Director: Christopher Stollery – Hair and Make-Up Artist
Dick Smith’s Advanced Professional Make-Up Course (currently undertaking)
- Internationally renowned advanced special effects and prosthetics training
program, recommended by the world’s top makeup artists
Julian Ashton Art School (currently undertaking)
- Life Drawing
Certificate III Hairdressing
- Cut, colour, chemically reform and style a client’s hair
- Qualification – Senior Hairdresser
Hair Cutting and Styling (Barbering Essentials)
- Men – hair cutting, hair styling, beard shaping/trimming,
straight razor shaving – head and face
Dip. of Specialist Make-Up Services (Film, TV and Theatre)
- Hairstyling and make-up for film, TV, theatre, editorial,
commercial and bridal
- Wig styling and facial hair (inc. hair knotting)
- Special effects and prosthetics